The primary goal of KEF is to improve educational opportunities for the children in the Manyesa area. The
second goal is to reduce poverty through micro-loans to improve the economic stability of the Manyesa area. KEF has accomplished the following:
- Initiated and funds a preschool for 200 children.
- Provides scholarships to secondary school: 47 students have graduated and 97 are currently attending secondary schools.
- KEF scholarships for ten secondary school graduates to received education degrees and have returned to teach at Kasimu School.
- This has reduced the student/teacher ratio to meet the standard of 50/1.
- In 2005 there were 256 students in the first grade and one teacher.
- KEF scholarships for one four year nursing degree, two police officers, two auto mechanics and one electrician.
- Funded the construction of the first of four secondary school buildings.
- Started a preschool at the Kasimu School.
- Funds a daily meal for 1,200 students and a special high energy meal for 200 preschool students.
- Funded construction of two elementary school buildings so that all 1,200 students receive education in classrooms.